Chess In Space - Open Beta
A downloadable game for Windows
Discover the timeless game of chess with Chess In Space, featuring amazing space-themed graphics.
Play against the computer using the Stockfish engine.
Play against a human opponent with local multiplayer.
Watch out for the real-time engine evaluation estimating who is winning.
Customisable rendering engine supporting multiple quality levels and many space-themed environments.
Steam Greenlight page :
About the developer :
I am Maximinus, a solo developer from Grenoble, France.
I've released 20 games on the Xbox 360 Indies service between 2009 and 2014: Globe Clicker, Red Tie Miner, Blocks and Tanks.
I am now developing for the PC.
Open Beta / Early Access :
This is the Open Beta release. There is no minimum price, you can purchase it for free on Itch.io and have access to all the future updates. I am looking for feedback and compatibility testing.
Looking for feedback :
I am looking for feedback on anything you want to communicate on, and on these points :
- hardware compatibility : did you have any issue running the game on your machine? Was the framerate smooth?
- 3D legibility : was it easy to distinguish the pieces? Would you prefer 2D sprite-based graphics?
- mouse input : was it easy selecting and moving pieces with the mouse?
- mouse input : was it easy moving and scaling the camera?
- computer difficulty : did you find a computer skill level that was not too hard, enjoyable to play against?
Planned features :
- save and load a game in progress
- undo move
- load .PGN game file
- analyse previous games with the Stockfish engine
Possible future features :
- 2D sprite-based rendering engine
- online multiplayer "correspondence" chess
|Published||165 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Board Game, chess, Colorful, Local multiplayer, Mouse only, Space, stockfish, Turn-based Strategy|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, One button|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.