Chess In Space - Open Beta
A downloadable game
Discover the timeless game of chess with Chess In Space, featuring amazing space-themed graphics.
Play against the computer using the Stockfish engine.
Play against a human opponent with local multiplayer.
Customisable rendering engine supporting multiple quality levels and many space-themed environments.
ChangeLog for Beta 4 :
- Stockfish AI is easier to defeat at low skill levels which are used in conjunction with small search depths.
- GUI : shows the list of moves, during gameplay and on the results screen. It can be scrolled up and down. It uses Figurine algebraic notation.
- Evaluation is not shown to the user during games! In the future, it will be shown during analysis. There is a debug setting to print the evaluation on the console window.
Steam Greenlight page :
This game has been greenlit and will launch on Steam.
About the developer :
I am Maximinus, a solo developer from Grenoble and Nice, France.
I've released 20 games on the Xbox 360 Indies service between 2009 and 2014: Globe Clicker, Red Tie Miner, Blocks and Tanks.
I am now developing for the PC.
Open Beta / Early Access :
This is the Open Beta release. There is no minimum price, you can purchase it for free on Itch.io and have access to all the future updates. I am looking for feedback and compatibility testing.
Looking for feedback :
I am looking for feedback on anything you want to communicate on, and on these points :
- hardware compatibility : did you have any issue running the game on your machine? Was the framerate smooth?
- 3D legibility : was it easy to distinguish the pieces? Would you prefer 2D sprite-based graphics?
- mouse input : was it easy selecting and moving pieces with the mouse?
- mouse input : was it easy moving and scaling the camera?
- computer difficulty : did you find a computer skill level that was not too hard, enjoyable to play against?
Planned features :
- save and load a game in progress
- undo move
- load .PGN game file
- analyse previous games with the Stockfish engine
Possible future features :
- 2D sprite-based rendering engine
- online multiplayer "correspondence" chess
|Published||Dec 14, 2016|
|Tags||3D, Board Game, chess, Colorful, Local multiplayer, Mouse only, Space, stockfish, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, One button|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Links||Steam Greenlight, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.